Thursday, March 31, 2011 Bosch HC2104 S4 SDS-plus Shank Bit 5/8 x 10 x 12-Inch Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Nothing wrong with the bit itself. Whether it is worth it to pay more for a Hilti bit is something I cannot answer. I went for the Bosch because this has always been a good brand for me and because I thought the price here was very good through CPO Bosch.
I confess to being stupid. I was looking at the Prime shipping label in the upper left corner. Didn't pay attention to CPO's shipping cost which effectively doubles the price.
Many places use shipping as a profit center and you have to pay attention to that. CPO uses the cost of the item to determine the shipping cost, not the difficulty and cost of shipping a particular item. A drill bit is about the smallest and lightest item out there and in this case the costs are too high.
I emailed CPO about this and their replay was that this is what they charge and the cost was printed out and that's that. Kind of unfriendly, but I'm not that sensitive. I have purchased impact and SDS drills through CPO with good results.
Just be aware that although you may have free shipping via Prime, everything changes if you go through one of their partners. You then are dealing with them, not Amazon, and their shipping costs may not be reasonable.
Most people who shop online have run into this, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded to pay attention. If you don't, that online "bargain" may turn out to be something you could have gotten cheaper at a local store.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bosch HC2104 S4 SDS-plus Shank Bit 5/8 x 10 x 12 Inch
Product Description:
5/8" x 10", SDS Shank Hammer Carbide Tipped Bit, Patent Pending 4 Flute Design Provides Fast Dust Removal, Carbide Tipped Drill Bit Head Is Harder, Tougher & More Resistant To Extreme Loads.
Want to buy Bosch HC2104 S4 SDS-plus Shank Bit 5/8 x 10 x 12 Inch at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: