Friday, March 25, 2011 Bosch 1191VSRK 120V 1/2" Single Speed Hammer Drill Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Being a Hitachi fan I was really dissapointed after a really bad experience with the China-Made Hitachi (FDV16VB2) that caught fire right out of the box!(believe it or not!)
I looked around for another reliable light-medium duty hammer drill for typical home usage.
And I am glad to have made this choice.With this beast, I was able to quickly raise the walls of my tool-shed by anchoring the red head screws into the concrete.
Pros:
* Rated for 5/8" for concrete compared to others which are 1/2" (or 4/8":) ).
* Also My drill didn't heat up at all even after 8-10 hours of hammer duty! also
* Did not end up burning any of the (bosch) hammer bits
Cons:
* The Grip could've been more ergonomic especially for people with large hands like mine.(Porter is fine on that front)
* The Auxillary handle could've been metallic one like in porter cable/Dewalt hammer-drills.The Amp rating and the BPM is better than the other comparable single speed hammer models I had looked at were:
* Porter Cable (Model PC650HD)
* Dewalt (DW511)
* Of course the Hitachi Lemon
Is it time to paint my workshop Bosch-blue from Hitachi-green? perhaps not but yes, I'd recommend this tool and brand to my friends as well.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bosch 1191VSRK 120V 1/2 Single Speed Hammer Drill
Product Description:
Bosch tools are recognized around the world for their low vibration, minimum sound level, overall precision, easy accessory changes and fatigue-reducing ergonomic design. The Bosch 1/2in. hammer drill features a lightweight, compact design that is perfect for small diameter drilling. Two-mode selector easily converts from rotation only to hammer drill in seconds.
Want to buy Bosch 1191VSRK 120V 1/2 Single Speed Hammer Drill at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: