Wednesday, September 7, 2011 Bosch 1194VSR 1/2-Inch VSR Hammerdrill Only Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I have read somewhere else (I don't remember where) that this drill overheats.I did not really trusted that review since I had great considereation for bosch (I still do).I went ahead and bought the drill.I have used the drill to make 3 inches long holes thru concrete in percussion mode.However, at each 1/2 inch interval, I would stop (1-2 minutes) to cool down the expensive masonry bit. I would only drill 3-4 holes in a day. In the third day of drilling, the drill overheated and stop functioning.I am assuming that the excessive heat has melted the protective cover on the copper windings, resulting in an internal short circuit.I will take it back to the store where I bought it.I hope for bosch that mine opinion and the other I previously read are a result of just two isolated incidents.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bosch 1194VSR 1/2 Inch VSR Hammerdrill Only
Product Description:
Selector lever for hammer drill or drill only. Dual torque gear box gives full torque output in low and high gear. 1/2" chuck mounted on a 1/2" - 20 NF spindle.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT: 360 degree auxiliary handle (1 612 025 024), depth gauge (1 613 001010) and chuck key (CRK005).
SPECIFICATIONS: 120V AC motor, 6.0 amp. Maximum drilling capacity. Concrete 3/4" low, 3/8" high: steel 1/2" low, 1/4" high: aluminum 5/8" low, 3/8" high. No-load RPM 0-1,000 low; 0-3,000 high. No-load BPM 0-16,000 low;0-48,000 high. 1/2" - 20 spindle. Double insulated. U.L. Listed.
Want to buy Bosch 1194VSR 1/2 Inch VSR Hammerdrill Only at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: