Bosch Cordless Tools
msgbartop
Honest consumer review on bosch cordless tools
msgbarbottom

Friday, July 29, 2011 Bosch RS20 13-amp Reciprocating Saw Review

Bosch RS20 13-amp Reciprocating Saw
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I went through 2 Milwaukee Super Sawzall's in a year, which I loved until they both experienced the same demise: the motor whirred, but the blade didn't move (I have a review there). I read some good reviews of Bosch's previous bulky recip, so I decided to try this new design. Except ergonomics (this saw is nicely designed) I'm not sure they improved on their previous design much, this saw vibrates a lot (I can't find any mention of an antivibrate feature like their previous design had and the Super Sawzall has), it's pretty big and heavy, but has plenty of power. There is no 'orbital' feature, but it seems to cut very well, and it has a slick toolless blade change feature -- turning a collar ejects the old blade (nice since it is often toasty) the collar locks open until you insert a new blade, a small push and click, your ready to go. The trigger allows great control over cutting speed, nice when starting a plunge cut (frankly, they don't need the 2 speed switch). There are 2 lights pointing at the cutting area, they are on all the time and seem kind of gimmicky, though I'm sure to appreciate them next time I'm in a crawl space. The hook is very nice, allows you to hang the saw on a joist or rafter so you can use both hands to crawl around while you're framing. I also like that it takes any extension cord, though when pricing, keep in mind you'll need to buy one. The case is cheap plastic (just some internal dividers) and doesn't have enough storage for blades (the Sawzall has a nice formed plastic case with an internal compartment that snapped shut that could fit a bunch of blades up to 12") and you can't fit a 25' cord in it, nor will you feel much like taking the cord off since it is looped through a clip, a bag would have been better.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Bosch RS20 13-amp Reciprocating Saw



Buy NowGet 59% OFF

Want to buy Bosch RS20 13-amp Reciprocating Saw at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

Leave a Comment