Sunday, November 14, 2010 Bosch CLPK22-180 18-Volt 2-Tool Litheon Combo Kit Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I had been debating between the DEWALT DCK275L 18-Volt XRP Hammerdrill/Impact Driver Combo Kit and this Bosch Combo Kit. I did a lot of homework on the two. Went w/ the Bosch, and regretted it. Bought the Dewalt, returned the Bosch.
Couldn't be happier w/ the Dewalt.
The Bad:
All around, I was displeased w/ the Bosch. I felt it was really lacking in the high speed drilling for wood and softer materials, and just didn't have the low end torque to get through some denser material. I felt like the battery life was shorter than I expected. Charge fast, die fast. The slight angle of the drill kind of annoyed me. I'm used to a Dewalt, and drilling straight w/o having to angle my wrist any different from the holding position. I feel like the angle makes it harder to tell if you are drilling straight, under some circumstances.The spare bit holder is made out of a soft type rubber. You have to slide it in. It doesn't just pop into place like most drills. It felt like it would get damaged and be non-functional very quickly.
I read as many reviews as possible, and looked for side by side comparisons, before making the decision to buy the Bosch kit. I own a Bosch random orbit sander + 2 Bosch jigsaws, which are amazing. I had high hopes for this drill. By ordering the Bosch I was actually giving up the chance to use two of my older Dewalt tools, of which the batteries had died after many years of use.
Impact Driver held up well for setting tons of screws. I did have a problem w/ one of the Bosch brand drill bits getting stuck several times, and having to use pliers to remove it. Not sure which piece was at fault. I did talk to other people who have used the same impact driver and they complained of the chucks breaking too easily. The Dewalt seems way tougher, although you can't load bits in the Dewalt one handed...
The Good:
LED light has nice placement. The drill is smooth. Metal chuck is tough.
-
I'm sure it makes a great drill for some people, just not me.
I ended up buying the DEWALT DCK275L 18-Volt XRP Hammerdrill/Impact Driver Combo Kit and returning the Bosch Combo Kit. I had a two day overlap w/ both sets, but within the first minute of handling the Dewalt, I knew it was exactly what I wanted in a drill. I did some side by side drilling, and the Bosch just didn't come close to speed, power & battery life.
The Dewalt is incredibly fast and smooth. Solid chuck. 3 drilling options (hammer, drill, screw) plus 3 speed selections. It is strong. I'm glad I went with the Dewalt.
-I hope this helps w/ people's decision making. I had been really torn between the two combo kit options, and having used both sets, I know first hand the Dewalt is a superior tool. I expected a lot from the Bosch based on my experience w/ some of their other tools, and am disappointed in this drill.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Bosch CLPK22-180 18-Volt 2-Tool Litheon Combo Kit
Product Description:
The Bosch CLPK22-180 18-Volt 2-Tool Lithium Ion Impactor and Hammer Drill Driver Combo Kit can help make the day go by faster. Maybe not, but you will be thinking a lot less about the end of the day after using the tools in the Bosch CLPK22-180. The drill driver features a high torque mode which produces over 650 inch-pounds of torque. The high speed mode produces 1,800 RPM. Features:Bosch's proprietary ECP (Electronic Cell Protection) system guarantees the optimal performance of tool and batteries even for tough work conditions. Bosch Litheon Batteries Designed for maximum cyclelife, minimum self-discharge and no memory effect High Strength Metal Collar enhances tool durability and protection when dropped on the chuck Newly Designed Powertrain and Gears increases tool life and durability High torque mode produces over 650 inch-pounds Twice the battery lfe with Fat Pack batteriesWhat's In The Box:17618-RT 18-Volt Litheon Brute Tough Hammer Drill Driver 25618-RT 18-Volt Litheon Impactor Driver Two 18-Volt Litheon FatPack Batteries 30-minute Litheon Battery Charger Jobsite Bag
Want to buy Bosch CLPK22-180 18-Volt 2-Tool Litheon Combo Kit at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: