Tuesday, October 19, 2010 Skil 2887-16 18-Volt 4-Tool Combo Pack Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)This is a homeowner's dream.I've been looking at the Milwaukee, DeWalt, etc. cordless combos for years but I could not justify the price for my week-end warrior needs.This kit gave me reasonably well-made and well-powered tools at a price I could afford.My son and I built a real tree-house (8x10, 10 ft. high!) over the Thanksgiving using these tools with no problems.The tools all performed and held up well through that 40 hour project. I was glad to have the cordless feature up in those trees 200 feet from the nearest electric outlet. You really do need to cycle the batteries a few times before you get the max life out of them, but the one hour charger does exactly that.I'm also a fairly slow worker(nobody's paying me), so that I rarely needed a new battery before the charging one was ready and if I did, that was a good time for a break (like I said, nobody's paying me for this work).I can see where a professional would need more run-time.
If I were using these tools everyday, I'd shell out for the professional brands, but for my needs they are just right for the price.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Skil 2887-16 18-Volt 4-Tool Combo Pack
Product Description:
2887-16 This item features: -Voltage: 18.00 V. -Includes: Drill/Driver, Reciprocating Saw, 7-1/4 in. Skilsaww/Laser Guide, Flashlight, (2) Batteries, 1-Hour Quick Charger, Carbide Tipped Circular Saw Blade, Stud Finder, Carrying Bag. -Price is for 1 KT.
Want to buy Skil 2887-16 18-Volt 4-Tool Combo Pack at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: