Wednesday, October 20, 2010 Skil 1845-02 2 HP Classic Series Variable Speed Plunge Router with Quick Change Collet Review
Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Now I have had the opportunity to use many brands of routers andrecently I bought this model to play with.
Well after going to a. .. store near work; I went home and unpacked my new and shinny router. I loaded it with a bit and went to work. After about 15 minutes of use, the motor started to fade in and out. So after my second trip to [the store], [this time by my house] I again unpacked my second new and shinny router. This time after 15 minutes of use, the bit kept falling out and again the motor faded in and out. Seems the wrenchless collet did not want to hold any bits. So off again I went to [the store] but this time I bought a Porter Cable #7529. No problems with that one!
Now in all fairness if the motor worked properly and if the collet would hold a bit, this would have been a great buy. But instead, after shop testing two of these from different locations, I view this router as a BUST!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Skil 1845-02 2 HP Classic Series Variable Speed Plunge Router with Quick Change Collet
Product Description:
1825 This item features: -Built-in worklight for better visibility and accuracy. -Quick change collet for easy bit changes. -Micro-fine depth adjustment for precise cuts. -Interchangeable fixed & plunge bases for versatility. -Collet Size: 1/4 in, 1/2 in. -Cutting Depth: 2 in. -Power Cap.: 2 1/4 hp. -Voltage: 120.00 V. -Amps: 11.00 A. -Speed: 8000 rpm [Min], 25000 rpm [Max]. -Handle Type: Soft Grip. -Includes: Collets, Wrench, Carrying Bag. -Wt.: 10.20 lb. -Price is for 1 Each.
Want to buy Skil 1845-02 2 HP Classic Series Variable Speed Plunge Router with Quick Change Collet at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below: